People Operations Specialist II
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a People Operations Specialist II in Spain! This is a versatile generalist role with responsibility for a wide variety of People (HR) Operations tasks to support Affirmers in Spain, in strong partnership with cross-functional teams at Affirm.
We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, is process-driven, and loves to be hands-on and partner with broad cross-functional teams to ensure People operations and administration is running smoothly for Affirmers in Spain. You will be working with other operational teams to continue to build upon and improve existing People administrative processes in Spain, as well as providing on-the-ground support and bringing the local Spain perspective to the development and implementation of various People initiatives and programs for Affirmers in Spain.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the smooth operations of People initiatives and programs in Spain, in partnership with cross-functional teams across Affirm (examples include Payroll, Recruiting, Employment Legal, Business Partners, Global Mobility, etc.)
- Act as the first point of contact for Affirmers in Spain, pulling in appropriate partners to escalate feedback and brainstorm solutions
- Support new hire onboarding and offboarding and maintain employee documentation and records for Affirmers in Spain
- Act as the local liaison between local vendors and Affirm teams located outside of Spain, including payroll, benefits, and immigration vendors
- Provide on-the-ground support and bring the local Spain expertise / perspective as needed for various ad-hoc People initiatives and programs (examples include payroll, recruiting, benefits and leave administration, immigration paperwork, etc.)
- Ensure and maintain compliance with local legal requirements in Spain in partnership with Affirm’s legal and compliance teams
What We Look For
- 6+ years of experience working in an HR generalist / administrative / operations role (experience working in an international company preferred)
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both written and spoken
- Familiarity with Spanish employment law and compliance requirements
- Process driven with excellent planning and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills with cross-functional teams in a remote environment and across multiple time zones
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Continuous Improvement mindset
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Pay Grade - ESP26
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
ESP base pay range per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.