Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We've opened an office in Poland with the goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Collection team in Poland, allowing us better connect with customers in the repayments lifecycle.
The Fraud Ops and Compliance Tools team’s mission is to empower operations and compliance orgs by building tools that help Identify, mitigate and report fraudulent and suspicious activity. In leading this team you’ll help Affirm be compliant by building a global sanctions screening engine, case management system, and Anti-money laundering risk rating model.
We are looking for highly motivated senior engineers to help grow our team in Poland. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues in Machine Learning, Product, Compliance and Analytics teams to set and execute our financial crimes risk mitigation strategy
- Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build APIs and data models to work within micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Review others’ work and provide constructive feedback in order to maintain high and consistent quality standards across teams.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
- Effectively incorporate needs and opinions from stakeholders, advocate for ideas and initiatives, and create a common understanding where all voices are heard.
- Conduct technical and soft skill evaluations to inform and influence the hiring decisions. Develop and review the technical content and requirements of the interview process.
What We Look For
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong technical background in backend software development with technologies like Python, Java or Kotlin
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication–written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Excellent project management skills–high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively.
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 - 23,550 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.