Sr. Strategic Financial Data Model Analyst (Strategic Finance)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a passionate and analytically minded professional to join the Strategic Finance team. Strategic Finance is responsible for driving company strategy, empowering executive decision-making, and guiding the company toward achieving its goals. This high-impact, the highly visible role sits on the Revenue Finance team, a scrappy, tight-knit subteam with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership. We help set company-wide targets, provide forecasts and real-time analytics to executives and business leaders, and partner cross-functionally to evaluate strategic business and product decisions. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and present to all levels of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Become end-to-end financial expert on Affirm’s core lending business; understand historical company performance and predict future outcomes
- Design, develop, and deliver scalable data pipelines, dashboards, and analytics for cross-departmental consumption (i.e. Client Success, Credit, Merchant Pricing, and Capital Markets)
- Aid in the development of automated user, merchant, and financial forecasts
- Evaluate, communicate, and recommend solutions to optimize growth in users, volume, revenue, and unit economics
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity and an ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture and evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- 2+ years experience in analytically-driven roles (analytics, data science, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python; including:
- Experience writing clean, computationally efficient code involving ETL processes and data manipulation via SQL and Python
- Experience using standard Python analysis packages (e.g., SciPy, NumPy, Pandas)
- Comfort with production level IDEs (e.g., PyCharm, Visual Studio), interactive IDEs (e.g., Databricks, Jupyter), and Version Control (e.g., git, specifically GitHub)
- Experience using DBT or similar data transformation tool strongly preferred
- Experience using Looker or similar BI tool strongly preferred
- Excel modeling experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 -23,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?