Software Engineer, Infrastructure (Storage Services)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The vision for the Data@ Affirm team is to enable a culture that empowers everyone by the use of actionable, reliable, and readily available data when building a product or making a decision. Our team is responsible for frameworks for all things data including the OLAP storage, data replication, macro-batch processing, stream processing, data modeling, data exploration, data visualization, etc. Affirm is growing rapidly and so is the need for reliable and high availability frameworks. If solving infrastructure challenges at scale excites you, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Design and build data infrastructure systems, services and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions.
- Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core systems.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and analytics teams to identify and execute on new opportunities in data infrastructure.
What We Look For
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers
- Knowledge of Python/Kotlin or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems
- Skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience building scalable data processing systems using MapReduce and Spark
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks
- Eager to learn new things and have a growth mindset
- Experience working in the data infrastructure domain is a plus
- Working knowledge of OLAP systems like Snowflake is a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $138,800 - $208,200
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $124,900 - 187,300
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.