Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to expand our European teams. We are experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. This role is on the Consumer Engineering team, which is responsible for engaging consumers and increasing frequency of usage through our Marketplace. You will be building feature-rich, highly engaging, and easy-to-use products that will deliver value to our consumers, and improve their financial lives. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You’ll Do
- Plan and implement new mobile shopping and discovery features
- Work cross functionally with colleagues in product, design, analytics, finance, legal, machine learning, and engineering teams
- Lead technical solution design across mobile, web, and backend engineers
- Mentor engineers on the team to help improve their designs, code quality, and testing.
- Develop a deep understanding of the payments & lending product spaces
- Establish effective monitoring, alerting, and on-call rotations to serve this mission critical area
- Build relationships and engage with management across the USA and Europe
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A strong understanding of iOS development and how technical decisions impact consumer experience & maintainability
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication–written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Excellent project management skills–high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively.
- Work with our Product team to extend our product offerings while maintaining system reliability
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
What We Use
- MVC / MVVM Architecture
- UIKit and SwiftUI
- VIPER / RIBS Architecture
- Swift Package Manager (SPM) / Carthage
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role, and we do not offer relocation assistance.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?