VP, Strategic Finance
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to lead our Strategic Finance (FP&A) function. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. Strategic Finance is responsible for owning the company’s budget and financial planning processes, performing financial analyses across the company, providing financial guidance for business partners to effectively invest, maximizing impact of spend in our largest cost centers and investing strategically to accelerate our business. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Maintain our financial model and forecasts to guide Affirm’s long term financial strength by advising on growth, hiring, spending and strategic projects
- Oversee loan volume forecasting, compensation planning and driving growth opportunities both in lending and new products
- Drive annual and quarterly financial planning processes to align with current Technology and Commercial roadmaps
- Provide budget guidance to senior executives to ensure Affirm is investing in the right areas
- Develop key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Manage a lean, high performance team that works cross functionally throughout the company
- Develop programs and processes for tracking managing budgets with senior division leaders
What we look for
- A skilled manager enjoys mentoring and growing their team of 15+
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate finance.
- Prior FP&A experience at a later stage private or public company.
- Prior experience operating in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of a lending P&L and debt capital markets.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and board members
USA Pacific base pay range: $304,300 - $325,000
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.