Senior Product Manager, Merchant Payments
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company.
Merchant Payments is part of the Global Payments Platform which is responsible for all money movement services across the Affirm Network including virtual card issuance, consumer, merchant, and institutional payment flows.
As the Senior Product Manager for Merchant Payments, you will evolve the Affirm merchant payout ecosystem that facilitates money movement to merchants. You will bring payments industry expertise to the team, define specifications, participate in weekly team syncs, manage roadmaps, ensure safe and efficient merchant settlements, and prioritize development capacity.
You will balance strategic direction with tactical execution, from architecture to operations to go-to-market. You can communicate complex concepts concisely, operate in a regulatory environment, have technical conversations (and opinions), and are passionate about scalable platforms.
The scope of this role includes evolving our merchant balance, merchant payouts, and disbursements and reports to the Director of Product - Global Payments Platform.
What You'll Do
- Be the product owner who drives our strategic product and vision for merchant payments
- Develop features and capabilities to facilitate the collation, tracking and settlement of payouts to merchants
- Oversee the development and management of real-time systems to record revenue and costs
- Design and build payment services that create a delightful merchant experience
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process
- Define the success metrics and OKRs by partnering with cross functional leaders
- Leverage data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
- Understand financial and operational inefficiencies and optimize processes
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
What We Look For
- 5+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 3+ years of experience with payments in the US payments ecosystem or similar
- Familiarity with concepts such as flow of funds, cash tracking and accounting
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to build large scale payments platforms
- Strong proficiency in SQL and are comfortable navigating data sets
- Solid technical chops that allow you to have in depth technical discussions and opinions
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Finance or equivalent experience.
- Bonus points:
- Experience with consumer payment processing (debit/credit/ACH)
- Experience with institutional money movement (e.g. ACH/wire)
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?